Wednesday, January 19, 2005

It wasn't about the values

Fools, all of us, fools.

As Election Day drew closer, I couldn't shake a feeling that I wasn't watching politics, but rather, sports. Now, as people puzzle over polls that show Bush getting lower approval ratings and over people not getting too hung up over Bush's comments that gay marriage is defended quite nicely by the Defense of Marriage Act and that he won't be seeking a constitutional amendment after all, I realize that I was right, it was a huge sports event.

See, people who came out in droves to vote for Bush? A lot of them do care, but I bet you, a significant portion of them came out just cause they saw the "librul media" pickin' on a good ol' boy and damn it, that just wasn't fair so they came out to make sure that their boy wins.

Filed under Politics & B.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home