Monday, October 18, 2004

Teens and manners

Had a nice visit from my nephew this weekend. Unfortunately, he brought in tow a 16 yr old girl. Granted, I didn't have much of a chance to speak with her but my first opinion of her is very low. What kind of person would use someone else's towel (to wipe off after a shower) without asking? What kind of person would occupy a single bathroom for close to two hours while there were only one bathroom available for four people?

Is this what today's youth is like? Wheeling on my lover, she shrugged and said "not my generation. I won't claim her." My nephew decided that it would be better coming from me, so I took this youngster aside, and kindly informed her that if she didn't want to wear out her welcome with other people (i don't think she got the implication that she had worn out her welcome at my house already) she might want to consider asking for permission before using. To her credit, she started to ask permission for everything (to the point where it seemed like parody, not respect).

My nephew at some point looked at me with surprise. "You're gay. I thought you liked girls." I corrected him. "I like women. I abhor girls." Especially girls who don't have enough self esteem to venture out into the world without an hour or so paint job on their face.

Filed under Bloodsport, err Relatives and Reveries & Paranoias.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home