Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Why I Don't Respect the Stereotypical Red State Person

I realize that this is addressing the stereotypical person. However, I feel it needs to be said after I read Maureen Dowd's column about what her brother emailed her.

Why I respect you:
  • You have convictions and strong ones at that.
  • You're willing to put your sons and daughters' lives on the line when you think Freedom is at stake. You proved it in WWI, WWII and all throughout the 20th century and you're proving it now.
  • You have both reverence and irreverence.
  • You have faith. God knows I lost mine years ago and I admire anyone who can hold onto their faith in times of adversity.
However, this is why I DON'T respect you:
  • You're lazy in your thinking:
    • Freedom means accepting the bad with the good, or accepting that it is your responsibility to keep away from you and yours what you don't accept. But not the government's.
    • You refuse to acknowledge any other viewpoint as if you think that would weaken your position. It doesn't. It just means you're a bigger man/woman.
  • You will do anything to win and maybe I'm too much of an anglophile, but I prefer a gentleman's approach to winning.
  • There seems to be a disconnect between the election and the results. Meaning you all seem to view the election as a sports event (between red & blue), and that this has very little to do with how low the dollar is slipping, with mistakes made, etc.
  • You like to hate. There's just no other way to describe it. You hate the faggots, the dykes, the towelheads, the liberals, ... basically anything that doesn't do what you do, doesn't see what you see and doesn't say what you say.
There's more, oh there's so much more to why I don't respect you, but this will do for now.

Filed under Reveries & Paranoias.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home