Thursday, May 05, 2005

Baby Birdies!

My girl thinks it's very weird but I've been hooked on this site now for 4 days. I keep checking on it to see what the baby falcons are doing.

I think the story is something like this. 5 years ago, people noticed a bunch of peregrine falcons flying around the PG&E building in San Francisco.

Three years ago, the nice people at the Santa Cruz Predatory Bird Research Group convinced PG&E to put in a granite filled nest box.

Last year, one infertile egg was laid in it.

And this year, George and Gracie have produced FOUR healthy baby falcons. They're white, fuzzy and hungry!

George and Gracie are busy hunting food for the four kids, so they're very rarely on camera. It's always a treat to see one or the other. I was really worried about one of the kids the first day I found this site. It seemed lethargic but I'm so very happy to see that the four seem very rambunctious today. They're not sleeping as much as they did the previous four days I've been watching. OH! And the four got banded yesterday. None of them seem the worse for wear.

Anyway, hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Filed under Cool Shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home